Monday, September 5, 2016

08-29-16 to 09-05-16 Last Email

Well here I am.  This last week was my last week working and this week is my last one as a missionary. It's kind of a bummer that since i'm a zone leader I lose my last week of the mission to meetings, but what ever.  I will go and I will do what the Lord commands. 

In this email, I don't really want to do a day by day of my last week.  Just know that I worked HARD, and have stayed busy to the last second. 
I just want to thank everyone that's kept up with me for these 23 months.  (i wish i could say 2 years but the visa won't let me haha).
I'm so grateful that I've been given the opportunity to serve God, my brothers and sisters for this time.  I've always remembered hearing that the mission is the best 2 years.  I used to think that phrase meant the "best 2 years of my life".  But to be honest, that's not true.  The mission has been hard!  I've walked, struggled with personal weaknesses, i've had to learn to be clean, obedient, to be a leader, to talk with strangers, to teach as the Lord teaches, and it has been hard!  But it's been worth it!  now i understand that it has really been the best 2 years.  not of my life, but FOR my life.  I've changed and grown to the point i feel like I'm more like my Savior.  I'm not even close but I know the things i've learned and become will help me with my work, my family, the friends, and EVERYTHING i need to do in my life. 

So thank you all for supporting me.  Please don't glorify me for my service, but glorify the Lord.  It was all for him. 

So I'll see you all next week in Utah

Elder Welch

 "Chillin with the paper mache heads"

 "FINALLY ATE GUINEA PIG"

 "The Quenguan Family"

 "The best mission leader I've had and his wife"

 "Pinina the dog!"

"The Galarzaga Family!"

No comments:

Post a Comment