Friday, October 31, 2014

WEEK 3!

Happy Halloween!  (Nothing happens for halloween in the CCM anyway haha)
Mucho has happened this week!  I'll start with 23.  We got all new elders, and theres a ton of Latinos and only 5 gringos!  I absolutely love Elder Toman from Canada the new missionary, and in my room we got Elder Perez from Ecuador.  He's hilarious, and super cool.  It's been absolutely POURING lately.  The roof in the cancha (gym) keeps leaking!  We've gotten our 2 new fake investigators and they're both super solid to teach.  They keep all the commitments we challenge them and are really growing.  If only I could actually baptize them haha,  I was made the new district leader!  (half of the elders in his District are going to Cali and the other half to Santa Cruz, Bolivia-including his companion) All I do is assign the class and make sure my district is doing what they're suppose to but it feels really rewarding.  I had a district testimony meeting with all the elders and it was really touching,  We were crying like babies haha but I love them all so much.  Every 2 Saturdays we fast and usually the Saturday after lunch when we stop eating moves incredibly slow but this last Saturday was actually amazing.  All of our lessons and teaching practices were full of the Spirit.  So since I've been deemed CCM Pianist, I'm now playing the piano for 2 musical numbers.  and since my district loves to sing, 5 of us are doing a quartet acapella of "I need thee every hour" in Spanish!  I'm so excited.  So all the Latinos here call me Elder Cullen because I look like Edward.  They always say AY ELDER CULLEN DONDE ESTA BELLA? haha Its fun to joke with them though.  I love those kids.  They love when I play "A River Flows Through You" on the piano because Edward plays it in Twilight. We got to go to the temple again!  I'm understanding the ceremonies more and more in Spanish, so thats awesome!  While I was there, I bought an El Libro De Mormon and wrote my testimony in it to give it to someone.  The highlight of this whole week though has been yesterday!  At the CCM every 2 weeks we get to go out and practice proselyting!  They drove for a good 35 to 40 min, and dropped us off and said "Meet here in 3 hours, and go get references and hand out copies of El Libro De Mormon!" To be honest, It was pretty scary at first.  To be honest it took about half an hour of saying Buenos Dias to everyone until we decided to stop someone and talk to them.  Many were uninterested, devout Catholics or already taught haha!  One homeless man with a twinkle in his eye told us he met the missionaries and loves the Book of Mormon!  Funny story: McCain and I walked up to some older ladies and talked with them, but we didnt realize they were Jehovahs Witnesses hahaha!  After being preached to in really fast Spanish, we just had to say chao and leave.  Another sweet old lady said she was Catholic and loved her religion but she thanked us for spreading the word of Christ and making the world better.  I wish everyone had that attitude!  It took a while, but the first man we talked to actually came up from behind saying Senors Senors I have a question!  He was a security guard working at the little store and asked why there were so many groups of boys in white shirts today!  We explained that we were missionaries of La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints).  He showed that he wanted to learn more from us and he loved Christ!  I told him about the Book of Mormon and asked if he wanted the one I wrote my testimony in!  He asked for how much and we told him it was free if he read the introduction then read it!  He gratefully accepted.  He tried to get his info for missionaries to teach him but he said he doesnt have a phone or email at the moment but he wanted to know where out church was.  So we thanked him, told it was on Calle Ochenta and we were on our way!  The next man we met was only about 100 feet away at the bus stop!  To our surprise he spoke English!  He said he lived in California for a while, and that he was a Catholic.  He profusely thanked us for coming to his country and for making a difference in the lives of people, especially the young people.  He told us to be careful in some places but assured us people wouldnt mess with us too bad because we're Christians.  We asked if he wanted to know more about the church and he said Sure why not!  He gave us his address and took a book of Mormon and told us he wanted to read it!  Believe it or not, my district gathered over 20 references in those 3 hours between 11 of us!  It's amazing how humble and open the people are here in South America.  I can hardly wait for 2 weeks when I can go out and preach more!  I've gotten 2 letters, and each one came after about 11 days.  Its like Christmas every time I get one so you know.  hint hint.   It's crazy for me to think I only have about 2 weeks left.  The time is flying!  My Spanish gets better poco y poco (bit by bit) and sometimes in my prayers I catch my self saying Padre instead of Father haha.  Thanks for the prayers everyone and I pray for all of you several times a day!  One last sad announcement.  They got rid of Jet Bars because we kind of went nuts with the Sticker trading.  But they cant stop me out in the field hahaha.  Love all of you.  Nos Vemos!


PS- the photo that says Dios Bendice in graffiti means God Bless You:) I loved that.

(The PS is about one of the pictures he sent last week. I'll attach it below. He also said the stolen money he talked about last week "turned up". Yay! -Wendy)



No comments:

Post a Comment