Monday, June 6, 2016

05-30-16 to 06-06-16‏

This week was... not the best.  Not gonna lie to you.  The best day of the whole week was Monday.

Monday after we wrote the family and everything, a miracle happened when we were walking to an appointment at 6 when a man on his motorcycle stopped us.  He introduced himself as Jo, and asked what we do. We explained that we're missionaries and that we teach people about Jesus Christ. Then the guy just started telling us his life story.  He said that he's about to pass through a divorce, that he has a 3 year old little boy and that he's thought of "the worst". I don't know exactly what he meant, but i'm pretty sure I have an idea, and that scares me. But he said he felt like he should stop and talk to us because we can help him. So we went with him to his house, talked to his wife with him, and all cried together. We taught of how in a family, God needs to be first, and how the majority of all divorces could be avoided with simple repentance. Then we shared a scripture in 3 Nephi 18:18-21 that talks about family prayer, and invited them to try it.  I'm not sure if they'll stay together. But i know God put us in his path to share with him the Plan of Salvation if nothing else. We'll be helping him out.

Tuesday we didn't have any appointments.  But something i tried to do was share my testimony a lot more.  While looking for some old investigators that we found in the area book, we met a lady who had listened for a time but the missionaries stopped coming.  She said that she had a problem with the idea of another baptism and prophets, and ended up going to another church.  When i asked if she had read the Book of Mormon, she said yes.  But when i asked if she had prayed, she said no.  I bore my testimony on how the Book of Mormon is the only question she needs to answer, and if she knows it's true, she will know that this is where she should be baptized and that God has called prophets again.  It was a really spiritual experience.  She agreed and said she'll pray. 

Wednesday we also didn't have any appointments.  We also had some bad news.  Elisabeth, one of our only chances at baptizing this transfer got sick of her family and left for Cauca for 2 months.  So that bummed us out. 

Thursday was pretty rough too.  All day we had no appointments.  Just walking and getting rejected by the people. 

Friday was even WORSE because The U.S. played Colombia in the American Cup, and it was the first match of the season.  So all day, no one wanted to open the door, cars honked their horns at me, and i got a lot of dirty stares.  And we lost 2-0 haha. 

Saturday i finally started to get frustrated.  Our lack of success made me wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and as a result, I felt very unmotivated, short-fused, and even a bit discouraged.  I know I know.  But I'm praying and reading the scriptures more than i ever have because I can't afford to let myself get down!  We had no lessons Saturday.

Sunday, same thing.

Lately has been hard for me.  I've felt like I'm not succeeding and have felt very frustrated with my comp, my area and myself.  I ask for your prayers!  But i'm sure the Lord has something for me to learn from this. 
Something cool is lately I've been reading the Bible like crazy, and im in 1 Samuel right now.  I've learned  a LOT.  It seems like just as the Israelite's trusted in God that he helped them. But they just kept turning their backs on him.  I need to be careful not to do the same. 
Deuteronomy 31:8 "And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed."

Today we helped deep clean the chapel as a branch which was a fun good experience.  I love service! 

Love you all!  Remember that God loves you! 
Elder Welch

 "My shirts are so worn out that they're see through!"


 "Me and Elder Ramirez cleaning the house chapel"



No comments:

Post a Comment