Friday, June 5, 2015

05-25-15 to 06-01-15 Where's Elder C?!

This week has been an adventure to say the least. 
So something i forgot to mention last week is H's oldest son David got baptized on the 23rd!  And H got to baptize him!  It's easily the best thing that's happened in my mission up to this point.  I couldnt be happier.
 
Tuesday was my first day with Elder C.  It was normal but pretty fun!  I got to see how Elder C works and teaches.  He's a really cool kid.  He's half Brazilian half Peruvian, and speaks fluid Portuguese.  it was a good time with him haha.  He's really good with the people and was pretty obedient. I really like the kid!

Wednesday we had a leadership training meeting where i learned how to help my district better as district leader.  It was a cool presentation and i learned quite a few things.  We wanna plan for some cool ideas to find references.  if anyone has ideas shoot them my way!  That night the AP Elder Rojas called and said Elder C might have to go home which was a bummer. 

Thursday was a pretty good day.  We had a good lesson with a large family that consists of active members, less actives, inactives, and an investigator.  it was pretty productive haha.  Later it started pouring rain while we were passing Parque del Cholados, so we stopped and ate cholados.  thankfully it stopped in about half an hour and we could go and find one more lesson. 

Friday was fun, i went in divisions with Elder Dalton.  As district leader i like to do divisions every week to help us all learn and stuff.  We knocked on lots of doors but for some reason no one let us in.  That night my comp seemed pretty down and said he was feeling guilty for something he did in his first area.  I offered a blessing but he turned him down.  I was feeling sad for him.

Saturday was hard.  My companion packed his bags and said he was set on leaving Monday.  He didnt really want to work that day and i was dragging him every where.  I just felt so sad for him!  He is a good kid, but kind of a lost puppy too in a way.  He is just confused right now.  I also found out about Elder Perry passing away, so i dont know, it was sad. 

Sunday was the CRAZY day.  So i woke up normal at 6:20am and looked over at my comp's bed, and he wasnt there. I figured he was ironing like he always did early when i noticed his suit cases were gone!  I ran out into the front room and the DOOR WAS WIDE OPEN.  ELDER C  ESCAPED IN THE NIGHT!!!  So i called president and all morning we were asking people where he went.  The assistants found him around 11 and called me during church.  I guess he left about 3 or 4 in the morning running, took a bus north for Zarzal and they found him on a farm near the border of the mission Cali and Medellin.  Freaking C!  I was kind of mad honestly.  He robbed me 170,000 pesos to do it and i felt love and sorrow for him.  But like i said, he was confused and scared and guilty.  Just wasnt thinking.  His plan was to find his uncle about 10 hours-ish away.  So dumb.  So that consumed the majority of my day besides church.  Now im in a trio with Dalton and Bello (again)!  haha funny how things go down.  by far the craziest thing that's happened to me so far.

Today we had to go to the misson offices in Cali so i could drop off the stuff C left behind like his name tag and other small things.  I got to give them to him in person.  I straight up told him he was stupid and screwed up and needs to repent, but i also told him i love him and want him to change and stay active.  His lineage is from the tribe of Levi so i jokingly told him i wanna hear in 5 years that he took his rights as a Levite and is a 25 year old bishop hahaha.  So i rebuked him and hugged him all in one.  He's got a good heart.  Just needs to figure things out.  Afterwards we went to McDonalds and to a huge store and i bought a five dollar portable backpacking chair hahaha.  Crazy week.  Now i have to wait 2 weeks for transfers to get a new comp and all that jazz.  But i'm all good, and the mission goes on!  Still love the mission!
Love you all! 

Elder Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment